The mission of the Oakesdale School District is to create a culture of learning in which each student will receive a diverse education in a safe, supportive, stimulating environment that promotes self-discipline, motivation, and excellence in learning. The district will join with parents and the community to assist students in developing skills to become independent and self-sufficient adults who will succeed and contribute responsibly in their local and global communities.
We believe that education is:
- The foundation of our society.
- A right for every person.
- The source of the tools to become productive, successful, members of our society.
- A lifelong process that provides every person with opportunities to achieve his/her goals in life.
- Necessary to understand and function effectively in a democratic and global society.
- Necessary to cope with and adapt to a diverse and rapidly changing world.
- A joint effort between students, staff, and parents.
A process that should be tailored to meet the learning styles and abilities of each learner.